Monday, November 10, 2014

Christmas Time

December is right around the corner and that means so is Christmas! Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. I love putting up my tree and taking out the boxes of ornaments to decorate. This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. I enjoy going shopping for all of my family and wrapping their presents one by one. As I wrap them I imagine the joy the gift will bring them. Most of all I love having Christmas dinner with all of my loved ones.  It is a wonderful time of year!

Vocabulary
Ornaments (noun)- decorations that hang on a tree
Decorate (verb)- to make something fancy
Shopping (verb)- to go out and buy items
wrapping (verb)- to cover a gift with decorative paper
Imagine (verb)- think of
Wonderful (adjective)- nice, lovely


Activity

Sort the vocabulary words into the correct column.

Nouns                Verbs                   Adjectives







Grammar Point: Verbs tell us what the subject of the sentence is doing or feeling. For example wrapping in my blog tell us that I love wrapping gifts for my family. The action verb is wrapping.
Think of something you love to do and write a sentence about it using an action verb. 

1 comment:

  1. The game was a lot of fun and a really good idea.I had a hard time being quick enough.

    ReplyDelete